Nest is looking for someone with a combination of legal acumen and commercial sense to handle all legal-related matters in its global team. The emphasis of this role is on corporate and commercial law, which covers a range of contractual arrangements such as joint accelerator agreements and investment agreements (term sheets, shareholders' agreements, share purchase agreements, convertible notes). In addition, the in-house counsel will be required to oversee all legal matters in relation to Mettā as well as any inquiries from its overseas offices.
The in-house counsel will work closely to support each business pillar (accelerator team, investment team, business development team). Our ideal candidate would be someone with 0 to 2 years post-qualification experience who is able to work independently and interested in being part of the thriving startup ecosystems around the world.
- Oversee and review all internal legal inquiries and requests, including employment agreements, intellectual property and internal corporate governance
- Review all contracts and identify potential loopholes and practical considerations upon implementation
- Prepare and/or review non-disclosure agreements and investment agreements including term sheets, shareholders' agreements, share purchase agreements and convertible notes
- Able to provide legal/business advice as to deal structure, risk management and think out of the box for possible alternative solutions
- Draft and negotiate joint accelerator agreements between Nest and the corporate sponsors, ensuring that internal expectations are clearly articulated and executed in a timely manner
- Draft legal documents for Mettā including events agreements, sponsorship agreements and membership T&Cs
- Liaise with all the relevant personnel internally to ensure that internal sign-off is obtained prior to execution
- Ad hoc legal research tasks
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 2 years post qualification, preferably with experience in the corporate field; having work experience of working within/with a startup or a venture capital firm would be a plus but not necessary
- Self-motivated and exudes personal self-confidence to work independently in an open office environment
- judgment in identifying critical legal issues with the ability to balance the legal risks with practical commercial considerations
- strong drafting and negotiation skills in English
- Communication and interpersonal skills
To apply send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.